Cauliflower Cheese Soup with Freshly Grated Nutmeg
This is a healthier way to enjoy the delicious flavours of cauliflower cheese. This soup is smooth, cheesy and benefits from a lovely grating of fresh nutmeg just before serving.
- In a large saucepan or soup pan, gently sweat the onions in olive oil for 5 minutes, without allowing the onions to brown.
- Add the potato, cauliflower, stock, mustard and cheese to the saucepan. Stir gently to mix, then simmer with the lid on the pan, for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly, then blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup back into the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into serving bowls and top with freshly grated nutmeg.