Ginger & Honey Roasted Figs
In this clean dessert recipe, fresh figs are simply roasted in spices and honey. The resulting sticky, sweet figs are perfect served with unsweetened thick Greek yoghurt.
Fresh figs are rich in fibre, vitamin K and potassium. The insoluble fibre in figs helps to relieve digestive problems associate with constipation, the soluble fibre contributes to satiety and the feeling of fullness.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Cut the figs in half from the stalk to the base and arrange them on a foil lined baking tray
- Sprinkle the fig halves evenly with the dried ginger.
- Drizzle each fig half with honey.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, halfway through the cooking time baste the figs with the cooking liquor caught in the foil.
- Serve with thick Greek yoghurt.