Clean Eating Apricot Bars
These no-bake, clean eating apricot bars (nut-free) are little parcels of crunchy, tangy nutrients. They are completely portable and make a fantastic on-the-go snack. These cubes provide healthy omega-3 fatty acids and protein from the seeds; and complex carbohydrates from the apricots. This makes them a high-fibre snack that keeps you full and provides a source of sustained energy for the body.
Dried apricots, with no added sugars or preservatives, contain a condensed amount of nutrients, as much as five times the amount of fresh. These nutrients include high amounts of beta carotene, which help to protect against stress and ageing. Dried apricots also contain iron, phosphorus, calcium and potassium. The mixed seeds provide calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc and manganese.
Makes 8 seed bites
- Blend the apricots in a food processor until they form a rough paste.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil, honey and pomegranate syrup until it is bubbling. Allow it to continue to bubble for a few minutes and it will turn slightly darker in colour. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the blended apricots and stir well into the syrup until they are well mixed in.
- Stir in the seeds, mix well until thoroughly incorporated.
- Line a small tin with clingfilm. Spoon the seed mix into the tin and press it down flat with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Chill for an hour in the fridge and then cut into cubes. Wrap individual portions in clingfilm to store.