Aubergine & Cherry Tomato Curry
This vegan, clean eating aubergine curry is fragrantly spiced but very mild, and easy to make. The aubergines are gently cooked until they become soft and melting, and the cherry tomatoes are cooked for just long enough to split the skins. Beautiful served on its own, or with brown rice and wholemeal chappatis.
- In a large saucepan, gently fry the onion in the coconut oil for 10 minutes until translucent and soft. Don’t allow the onion to brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spices to the onions and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- While the garlic and spices are cooking, cut the aubergines into long 1 cm thick wedges.
- Add the aubergines, tinned tomatoes and water to the pan. Stir well and then cook over a gentle heat with the lid on the pan for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, give the curry a stir, then add the cherry tomatoes. Stir gently again, then cook for a further 20 minutes with the saucepan partially covered with the lid.
- Check that the aubergine is completely tender and soft, then serve.