Cheats Smokey Baba Ghanoush
This clean eating Baba Ghanoush takes only a few minutes of preparation and tastes fantastic. Rather than chargrilling the aubergine, this quick cheats version is sprinkled with smoked paprika for that smokey flavour profile. This dip is perfect for dunking vegetable crudités and wholemeal pitta breads, or for spreading on sandwiches.
Aubergines are rich in potassium, vitamins B1 and B6, copper, magnesium and manganese. They are high in fibre and low in fat; this makes them perfect for anyone with type 2 diabetes, and people with high blood pressure. The phytochemicals present in aubergines have also been shown to help reduce cholesterol levels.
- Rub the aubergine in a little olive oil and roast in the oven at 190°C for 45 minutes.
- Allow the aubergine to cool then scoop the middle of the aubergine into a food processor.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt and blend until the dip is nearly smooth. Taste the dip and add more lemon and salt to your taste if required.
- Spoon the dip into a serving bowl then drizzle with olive oil and a generous sprinkling of smoked paprika.
- Serve with toasted wholemeal pitta breads, seeded crackers or vegetable crudités.