Clean Eating Baked Apples
These clean eating baked apples are a real treat. The apples are sweet, meltingly soft and filled with a contrasting crunchy nut butter that showcases the natural beauty of the produce.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Core the apples, leaving the base of the apple intact.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the coconut cream, almond butter and cinnamon.
- Spoon the almond butter mixture into the centre of each apple, dividing evenly between the 4 apples.
- Bake the apples in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft, tender and just starting to burst their skins.
- You can either serve the apples as they are, or top with a dusting of coconut sugar and finish under the grill for 2-3 minutes.