Homemade Baked Beans
These clean-eating baked beans have been designed with kids in mind. They have a simple ingredients list, with no refined sugar and no preservatives. This recipe is also gluten and dairy free.
- In a medium sized saucepan, sauté the onions in the olive oil for 10 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic powder, maple syrup and salt, stir well to mix and then allow the mixture to simmer with the pan lid left off.
- When the tomatoes have reduced by about half the volume, about 15 minutes, turn the heat off and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Add the tomatoes to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Return the tomatoes to the pan.
- Add the almond milk and the drained haricot beans to the pan and cook very gently for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or cool and store in the fridge or freezer until required.
Read the related blog post: Clean-Eating Ketchup & Baked Beans for Children