Buckwheat Banana Bread
This clean eating banana bread is AMAZING! It is gluten-free & dairy-free, but you won’t notice. Top with sliced bananas and a drizzle of honey for a wholegrain treat.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170ºC and line a square baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until they are fairly smooth.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and almond milk to the bananas and use a whisk to combine well.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix the oats, almonds, buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir the dry ingredients well to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the liquid mashed bananas. Mix together well with a wooden spoon until all of the dry ingredients have been incorporated into the wet.
- Pour the batter into your baking tin.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for half an hour before turning out and cutting.