Two Ingredient Blackberry Sauce
This clean-eating blackberry sauce is so simple it barely qualifies as a recipe. Blackberries are so full of tangy, sweet flavour that they don’t need any help. This sauce allows the true blackberry flavour to sing, because the only ingredients are the berries themselves and a hint of honey. You could use the sauce in smoothies, with yoghurts or in desserts.
- Steep the blackberries in water for ten minutes. Swirl gently to remove any dirt or leaves clinging to the berries.
- Drain well and then add the blackberries to a medium sized saucepan. Warm over a medium heat, allowing the blackberries to warm up and then gently simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir regularly.
- When the blackberries are soft and starting to break up, remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Gently push the blackberries through a sieve to achieve a smooth sauce (if you don’t mind the seeds, you could simply blend the mixture in a food processor until smooth).
- Taste the sauce and sweeten with 1-2 tsp honey if needed.