Fresh Blackberry Greek Yoghurt
Fresh blackberries make a delicious partner for thick Greek yoghurt. This simple sauce recipe retains all of the vibrant blackberry flavour and uses honey as a complementary, natural sweetener. You can use frozen blackberries when fresh, in-season blackberries aren’t available.
- Wash the blackberries, drain well and add to a saucepan on a low heat. You don’t need to add any additional water.
- Allow to cook gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the blackberries start to break down.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Sieve the sauce two spoonful’s at a time, into a medium sized bowl. Remember to scrape the pulp from the underside of the sieve. Discard the pips left in the sieve. This step is optional, you can keep the pips if you prefer.
- Spoon the blackberry sauce into bottom of 4 dessert bowls. Top with the yoghurt and garnish with a few fresh berries.