Clean Eating Bounty Bars
Commercial Bounty Bars contain more sugar than coconut, they also contain unnatural preservatives and emulsifiers. These clean eating bounty bars are made using only four ingredients, all of which are from natural sources. Gorgeous creamy coconut, covered in thick, dark chocolate, and no refined sugar. Delicious!
Makes 15 small bars
- In a large bowl, mix together the dried coconut, coconut cream and maple syrup.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture in your hand and use your hands to press it firmly into a ball, compressing the mixture. Then use your hands to shape the mix into a bar shape. Place the coconut bar on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat step 2 until you have used all of your coconut mix. You should have approximately 15 little bars.
- Loosely cover the baking tray with clingfilm and place the tray in the freezer to chill for 45 minutes.
- When the bars are well chilled, melt half of your dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a bowl placed over a pan of boiling water (bain-marie). Stir well until the chocolate is smooth and glossy.
- Remove half of your bars from the freezer and place on more parchment paper. (Put the rest of the bars back in the freezer to keep cool.)
- Dip each bar in the chocolate, using a fork to turn the bar over and coat evenly on all sides. Lift the bar out and allow to cool and set. Repeat with each bar until they are all covered.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with your remaining chocolate and the rest of the chilled bars.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!
*This recipe was made using Real Food Source Organic Coconut Sugar Chocolate. You could also use Om Bars which are a good quality, clean-eating chocolate.