Persian Pilaf with Curried Chicken
This clean-eating recipe for Persian Pilaf is easy and economical. Delicately spiced brown rice is sprinkled with succulent, roasted chicken, crunchy pistachio kernels and plump raisins. This dish makes a quick and easy mid-week meal.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C
- In a heavy bottomed frying pan, dry fry the cinnamon stick, turmeric, cumin, peppercorns and cloves for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the oil to the pan and after 30 seconds add the onion, stirring well to cover in the spice mixture. Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir well to cover the rice grains fully with the spices. Pour in the stock, bay leaves, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently with the lid on the pan for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked through. Fluff up with a fork before serving.
- While the rice is cooking, sprinkle the curry powder over the turkey and place in a single layer on a flat baking tray. Roast for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- To serve, dish out the rice onto a large sharing platter. Top with the roasted turkey and then sprinkle generously with all of the pistachios and raisins.