Fresh Apple & Carrot Soup
In this clean-eating carrot soup recipe, carrots and apples are perfectly combined with a background hint of spice and the soothing flavour of coconut cream. Perfect for a warming lunch on a chilly day.
- Cook the onions gently in a large saucepan, over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, stir well and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and apple into the saucepan and stir well to coat with the spices.
- Pour the stock into the pan, bring to the boil and then simmer on a low heat for half an hour until the carrots are soft and cooked through.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly then blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan, add the coconut cream and stir this into the soup while heating gently.
- Serve with whole grain bread.
This soup will serve 4 people as a starter or 3 people for lunch.