Moroccan Spiced Sweet Potato & Lentil Casserole
This vegan, clean-eating casserole recipe makes a light, yet hearty meal full of the flavours of Morocco. This recipe is rich in magnesium, potassium and fibre, making it the perfect dish to eat if you are suffering from migraine or headache.
- In a large saucepan, melt the coconut oil over a low heat and add all of the spices. Cook the spices gently for 5 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the pan and stir to coat with the spices.
- Add the vegetable stock and the lentils, stir well then simmer with the lid off the pan for 30 minutes until the potatoes and lentils are tender and the liquid has started to reduce.
- You can serve this straight away, but if possible remove from the heat and allow to sit for another 30 minutes. This really lets the casserole sauce thicken up and allows the flavours to develop.
- If you allowed the casserole to sit, heat gently again before stirring in the spinach leaves. Serve immediately.