Creamy Cauliflower and Fennel Soup
This dairy-free, clean-eating soup is light, creamy and delicately flavoured with fennel and garlic. Fennel seeds provide vitamin C, potassium and folate, and are full of anti-oxidants. Fennel seeds also relax the smooth muscles in the digestive system and are fantastic for settling digestive upsets.
- Remove the outer leaves and tough inner stalk from the cauliflower and discard. Chop the cauliflower florets roughly.
- In a large soup pan, gently sauté the onions in oil for 10 minutes, being careful not to allow them to brown.
- Add the fennel seeds and garlic and continue to gently sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, beans and vegetable stock to the soup pan. Bring the stock to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then add the soup and the coconut milk to the blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 3 lunch portions or 4 smaller starter sized portions.