Clean Eating Chickpea & Almond Curry
This clean eating chickpea curry can be made using store cupboard ingredients in just 20 minutes. It is full of flavour and provides significant nutritional value. This clean-eating curry is filling, satisfying and generates a sustained source of energy for the body.
Chickpeas have a low glycaemic index and are a source of complex carbohydrate and fibre, making this is a particularly good choice of dish for Type II Diabetics and anyone looking to lose weight.
- Gently fry the onions and sliced garlic in the coconut oil until soft, translucent and fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- Add the curry powder, stir well and continue to cook the onions for another 5 minutes.
- Add the drained chickpeas, green pepper, stock and almonds to the pan.
- Simmer the curry for 20 minutes with the lid off the saucepan.
- You can eat the curry now, but if you can, take the pan off the heat, put the lid on and set the curry to one side for half an hour. This allows the chickpeas to soak up more of the liquid and lets the flavours develop a little.
- Garnish generously with fresh coriander and serve with wholemeal flatbreads or brown rice.