Chocolate and Coffee Chilli
This clean-eating, tomato-free chilli recipe is both comforting and filling. This is a great dinner party dish; it tastes best if you prepare it the day before you want to serve it, to allow the flavours to develop overnight. Serve with cauliflower rice for a low-carb, high veg dinner, or with brown rice if preferred.
1. Measure all of your spices, seasonings and cocoa into a small bowl.
2. In a large pan, fry the onions in ghee until they start to become translucent (about 5 minutes).
3. Add the beef to the pan and use a wooden spatula to break up the meat into small pieces. Sprinkle the meat with the spice mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Allow the meat to brown for another 5 minutes, then add the coffee, beef stock and kidney beans to the pan.
5. Mix well and then leave to simmer uncovered for an hour.
6. 15 mins before serving, add the diced green peppers to the pan.
7. Prepare your cauliflower rice – remove the thick stalks and blitz in a food processor for 2 or 3 minutes until it resembles grains of rice.
8. 5 minutes before serving, fry your cauliflower rice over a medium heat in a medium sized frying pan. Stir regularly and be careful not to overcook as it will become mushy.
9. Serve the chilli over the cauliflower rice and garnish with fresh green chillies and fresh coriander.