Clean Eating Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins
These clean eating chocolate banana bread muffins are a sweet treat. They have a crisp outer surface and a soft, moist chocolatey centre, just as a good muffin should!
Honey is a natural sugar and as such it should be eaten in moderation. However did you know that honey also contains antioxidants? It also doesn’t raise the blood sugars as much as white sugar, and it is has been shown to reduce inflammation markers and lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
When you combine these health benefits with the whole grain nutrients from the flour, the antioxidant benefits of raw cacao and the mineral-rich bananas, these clean-eating muffins are a no-brainer!
Makes 6 muffins
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Measure the salt, cinnamon, flour, baking soda and cacao into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- In a separate, medium sized mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork then add the beaten eggs, vanilla extract, honey and olive oil. Whisk to combine all of the ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to combine the ingredients, stirring until all of the dry mixture has been incorporated.
- If you are using silicone moulds, lightly grease the edges with olive oil. If you are using a steel muffin tray, place a paper cup in each mould.
- Divide the mixture between 6 muffin wells. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes until risen and firm. A skewer inserted into the middle of the muffins may come out slightly sticky (but not covered in batter), even when these muffins are done.
- Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack.