Peanut Butter & Chocolate Blondies
These clean eating blondies are decadent, nutty and chocolatey, but they are also rich in nutrients, protein and complex carbs. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
Gram flour (also known as besan flour) is made using ground chickpeas so it is unrefined and rich in folate, iron, magnesium and potassium. Traditionally used in savoury dishes, in this recipe, the gram flour adds a beautiful nuttiness that complements the peanut butter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and maple syrup to the mashed bananas, whisk together until the mixture is relatively smooth (don’t worry about small lumps of banana).
- Add the peanut butter and whisk again until it is well mixed into the batter.
- Sift the baking powder and gram flour in to the bowl. Stir well to incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Finally, stir the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a 7 inch brownie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the surface is just starting to brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tray before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.