Rich Chocolate Brownies
These clean eating chocolate brownies are everything a good brownie should be. They are very chocolatey, slightly gooey and completely moreish. Made without refined sugar or refined flour, these brownies provide nutritional value and are gluten-free.
Makes 8 brownies
- Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC and line a brownie tin with foil. Use your fingers to lightly oil the inside of the foil with a tsp of olive oil or coconut oil.
- If you have a food processor, blitz the ground almonds to make a flour. You can omit this step but your brownies may be slightly denser.
- Sift all of your dry ingredients (almond flour, cacao, baking powder and salt) into a large mixing bowl. Scrape the larger bits of almond through the sieve to help break them down. Make sure the ingredients are well mixed.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the melted oil, eggs, maple syrup and yoghurt. Whisk until light, fluffy and well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Gently tip the batter into your lined baking tray and level it out with a spatula.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes until firm to the touch on the surface.
*If you are dairy-free, you can use a good quality coconut yoghurt, such as CoYo.