Clean Eating Chocolate Cake
If you are craving a chocolate cake, but don’t want to compromise your healthy-eating principles, then this is the clean eating chocolate cake for you! Refined sugar-free, dairy-free and made with wholemeal spelt flour, this chocolate banana cake tastes great and is nutritious too. This is not an overly sweet cake, if you prefer it sweeter you can drizzle it with honey once it is baked.
- Pre-heat the oven to 185°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a medium sized bowl or tupperware container, measure out your flour, baking powders, salt and cocoa. Use a spoon to mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a blender, blend together the bananas, olive oil, vanilla, honey and egg until they form a smooth, bubbly batter. Gently pour the batter into a large mixing bowl.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the banana batter. Use a large metal spoon to fold the flour into the batter, so that it is well incorporated and wet. Try to fold the mixture gently so that you retain some of the air you created in the blending and sieving steps.
- Spoon the cake batter into your loaf tin. Use a spatula or spoon to smooth the top of the loaf, then bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes. Check the cake is finished by inserting a skewer or sharp knife in to the centre of the cake. If there is any batter on the skewer when you remove it, then the cake needs a bit longer in the oven.
- Allow to cool and serve with sliced bananas and a drizzle of honey.