Clean Eating Chocolate Flapjacks
These clean eating chocolate flapjacks are the best! A sweetly satisfying oat base, topped with decadent melted dark chocolate (we used a pure cocoa and coconut sugar brand). They go very well with a cup of tea and are refined sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
2. In a small saucepan, mash the bananas and mix with the oils, maple syrup, almond butter and cocoa powder.
3. Heat the banana mixture over a low heat until the mixture is well combined and relatively smooth.
4. Place your oats in a large mixing bowl.
5. Pour the chocolate banana mixture into the oats and stir well to combine. Make sure any loose oats are incorporated into the mixture.
6. Grease a non-stick flapjack baking tin very lightly with olive oil.
7. Press the oat mixture into the tin, making sure that you reach all of the corners with the oats. Ensure that the oats are flattened out firmly.
8. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the top is starting to brown.
The cost per serving provided is the cost of 1 flapjack. The batch of 12 flapjacks costs approximately £5.20 to make.