Clean Chocolate Fudge (Dairy-Free)
Fudge is traditionally made using butter, sugar and cream, but this clean eating chocolate fudge is made using just three ingredients: caramel flavoured dates, coconut oil and cocoa powder, for a healthier sweet treat. This recipe is so simple, you just blend the ingredients and chill to set. Unlike a lot of clean-eating fudge recipes, this fudge sets nicely and doesn’t have to be eaten frozen.
Makes approx. 12 squares of fudge
- Put your chopped dates in a medium sized bowl and pour the boiling water onto them. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pour the dates and water into a food processor. Add the melted coconut oil and blend the ingredients on high until nice and smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt into the processor and process again until smooth. Stop several times to scrape the sides of the processor with a spatula, making sure you’ve incorporated all of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a small brownie tin, lined on the base with a little parchment or baking paper.
- Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Turn the fudge out and cut into squares. Dust with more cocoa if desired and serve immediately. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.