Chocolate Orange Cookies
These clean eating chocolate cookies are very chocolatey, they also happen to be gluten-free and dairy-free. The pairing of dark chocolate and orange is just a match made in clean eating heaven, so bake a batch and then enjoy!
- Melt the coconut oil and set it to one side in a medium sized bowl to cool.
- In a food processor, blend your porridge oats until they are finely milled into oat flour. Tip the oats into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut sugar, cacao, baking soda and the 70g of chocolate chips into the bowl with the oat flour. Stir well to mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- When your coconut oil is cool, add the beaten egg and the zest of the 2 oranges into the oil. Whisk with a fork to combine. Keep your oranges as you will need some of the juice later.
- Pour the liquid egg and oil into the dry ingredients and stir well with a wooden spoon until all of the dry ingredients have been incorporated into the wet. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and then chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out balls of the dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Gently press the dough to flatten but be gentle with it as it will be a little crumbly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Melt the remaining dark chocolate in a microwave or over a pan of hot water. Stir in 2 tbsp of fresh orange juice and beat until the chocolate is smooth and glossy.
- Take each cooled cookie and dip the top side into the melted chocolate. Allow to cool and then enjoy!