Clean Eating Coconut & Butternut Squash Soup
This clean eating coconut and butternut squash soup is thick, creamy and naturally sweet. It is the ultimate, healthy comfort food! The recipe is very easy and is perfect for a weekend batch cooking session. The soup can then be stored in individual airtight containers for pre-made weekday lunches.
- Wash and slice the celery ribs.
- In a large soup pan, gently sweat the celery in the coconut oil until really soft and tender (about 10 minutes).
- While the celery is cooking, peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- When the celery is cooked through, add the squash chunks to the pan with the stock and salt. Bring the stock to the boil and then turn the heat down low and simmer, with the pan lid on, for 40 minutes. Stir the soup every ten minutes or so to ensure that all of the squash is submerged in stock.
- When the squash is really soft and tender, remove it from the heat and add the coconut milk.
- Blend until very smooth and serve.
This soup stores well for 4-5 days in the fridge.