Mid-Week Coconut Chicken Curry
This clean eating coconut chicken curry is quick and easy to prepare, making it perfect for a mid-week meal. The curry is warming, fragrant and aromatic. Serve with wholegrain rice for a filling, delicious and clean eating main meal.
- Add the coconut oil to a wok or large frying pan. Gently fry the onions, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the curry powder over the top of the onions and continue to stir for another few minutes.
- Turn the heat of the hob up to medium high and add the chicken breast slices to the wok, stirring well to coat the meat with the spices.
- When the chicken has browned on the outside, and is well coated with the spices, add the coconut milk and tomatoes to the wok. Stir well to mix, then leave the curry to simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- When the curry sauce has reduced slightly, and the chicken is cooked through, add the lemon zest and 1 ½ tbsp of fresh lemon juice. Stir well and then serve, garnished with raw spring onions.