MEMBER RECIPE: Carrot & Coriander Rice
This recipe was submitted by l_forsythe
About the recipe: Lucy says ‘I created this recipe when I realised that I didn’t have enough brown rice for my required two portions! So I padded my rice portion out with grated carrot and flavoured it with coriander seeds, lemon and a touch of maple syrup. Now we use this recipe all of the time because not only does it taste good, it also adds a healthy portion of raw carrot into our meal’.
- Cook the rice according the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, dry fry the coriander seeds in a frying pan for 5 minutes, shaking the pan often so they don’t burn. Crush the toasted coriander seeds, if you don’t have a pestle and mortar, put the seeds in a sandwich bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Grate the carrot and add it to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, fresh coriander and crushed coriander seeds to the carrot, and mix the ingredients together well with a fork.
- When the rice is cooked, drain it well and add it into the carrot mixture while it is still hot. Stir well to combine the rice with the other ingredients and then serve immediately.
Serves 2 as a side dish, 1 as a main course.