Savoury Gluten-Free Cornbread
This delicious clean eating cornbread is gluten-free and dairy-free. This savoury bread has a cakey texture and is perfect served on the side of a casserole, for mopping up gravy or simply smother with your favourite toast topping. All of the flours used in this recipe come from nutritious whole grains that won’t cause as rapid a rise in blood sugar levels as white bread.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C and line a 7-inch baking tin with parchment paper.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- In a large jug or bowl, whisk together the eggs, soya milk and lemon juice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. The flours in this recipe are very absorbent, so if your batter looks dry, add a tsp at time of soya milk until the batter is of a smooth, dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin, and use a spatula to spread it into the corners of your tin.
- Bake the cornbread in the centre of the oven for 30 mins. Check on the bread after 20 minutes and if it starting to brown too much, loosely place some foil over the top of the baking tin.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting into slices and serving.