Parsley and Courgette Fritters
These delicious courgette fritters could not be easier to make. Courgettes (also known as zucchini) are a type of squash rich in soluble fibre, vitamin C and potassium. They are reasonably cheap and plentiful in the summer months when they are in season. These clean-eating fritters can be served on their own, or with leftover cuts of meat, or poached eggs, for a filling breakfast or lunch.
- Trim the courgette and grate into strands (or use a food processor or spirilizer to shred it).
- Using your hands, squeeze the grated courgettes to remove the excess water before placing them into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Crack the egg into a separate small bowl.
- Add the salt and parsley and whisk with a fork until well mixed.
- Add the egg mixture to the courgettes and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the flour and mix gently until well combined.
- Heat the ghee in a shallow frying pan over a medium heat.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan, you should have enough batter to make four fritters.
- Fry for 6 or 7 minutes, turning gently halfway through the cooking time.
- When the fritters are golden brown, tip them gently onto a plate and eat immediately.