Creamy Ginger & Courgette Soup
This vegan, clean eating courgette soup is rich and creamy, with a hint of warming ginger. Courgettes have a high water content and contain soluble fibre which is excellent for digestion. They are low in calories, making them weight-loss friendly, and they also contain good amounts of potassium which is required for controlling blood pressure.
- In a large saucepan, gently sweat the onions and garlic in the olive oil until they start to turn translucent (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add the diced courgettes to the pan and cook gently for 5 minutes or so, stirring to coat in the onions and garlic.
- Add the ginger and vegetable stock.
- Simmer with the pan lid on, for 20 minutes or until the courgettes are tender.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending.