Cranberry & Walnut Muffins
In this clean eating cranberry muffin recipe, cranberries are combined with protein-rich walnuts for a festive treat. The recipe uses coconut sugar and wholewheat flour, which are low GI and provide a steady release of energy for the body. Fresh cranberries are amazing in these muffins, but you can substitute dried unsweetened cranberries if needed.
HEALTH BENEFITS: Cranberries contain one of the highest levels of antioxidants of all fresh fruit and vegetables. These little berries also contain fibre and vitamin c.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and egg until well combined.
- Weigh the flour and coconut sugar into a separate bowl and mix in the baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Sift the flour and sugar mixture into the large mixing bowl with the egg and oil. Tip any remaining bran into the bowl too. Stir gently to combine, then mix in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into 3 large tulip muffin cases, or 4 normal-sized muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm and golden on top and a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.