Curried Tomato & Chickpea Soup
This mildly spiced soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold winters day. Made with chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk, this clean eating curried chickpea soup is a well-balanced meal all on its own. If you’re looking for a more robust meal, you could serve this with a hunk of wholemeal bread on the side.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHICKPEAS:
Chickpeas are high in fibre and low in fat, making them an excellent choice for diabetics. Chickpeas are also rich in folate, making this soup a great choice for pregnant women.
- In a large saucepan, gently sweat the onions and garlic in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices to the onions and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes. Keep stirring to stop the spices from catching on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and chickpeas to the saucepan. Stir, then put the lid on the pan and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending and returning to the pan.
- Stir in the coconut milk, keep the pan over a low flame to reheat slightly before serving.
Find more delicious clean eating soup recipes like this in The Clean Eating Guide to Soups