Early Autumn Fruit Platter
Each season brings an abundance of fresh produce. While the days are still long and warm, you may not be quite ready to make hot pies and crumbles. That is where this beautiful, clean-eating fruit salad comes in. Taking advantage of the season’s natural bounty, this fruit salad showcases autumnal fruit, drenched in a tangy honey and lemon sauce, with just a hint of fresh mint.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PLUMS:
Plums contain fibre, sorbitol and isatin, which can help to relieve digestive issues. Fresh plums are rich in antioxidants, vitamin A and beta-carotene which help to protect against cancer. The potassium content in plums also contributes to lowering blood pressure.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the juice and the zest of the lemon, the honey, ginger and the shredded mint leaves.
- Wash the fruit thoroughly then core and slice the apples and add them to the bowl.
- Cut the plums into quarters and add them to the apples in the bowl.
- Add the blackberries to the bowl and then gently mix the fruit so that it is covered in the honey and any fruit juices from the plums. Allow the fruit to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the fruit on a platter, pour over any leftover juices and garnish with a few mint leaves.