Video Recipe: 5 Minute Chicken & Sweetcorn Noodles
This is a quick and easy, clean eating dinner for children (and adults in a rush!). Wholewheat noodles are coated in a flavoursome sauce, providing healthy omega-3 fatty acids for heart and brain health, filling complex carbohydrates, and vegetables. A balanced meal, put together in under 5 minutes.
Serves 2 young children, or 1 older child
- Add the noodles to a pan of boiling water and cook according to the manufacturers instructions (approx. 5 minutes).
- While the noodles are cooking, make the sauce. Add the stock to a small saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the tamari sauce, olive oil and brown rice flour and whisk with a balloon whisk until smooth.
- Allow the sauce to bubble until it has thickened, then add the chicken breast and sweetcorn, and heat through until the chicken is hot.
- Stir in the noodles and serve.
Find more healthy, clean eating recipes for children.
Watch Sonia Nicholas make this recipe and explain its health benefits for children: