Homemade Flatbreads with Vegan White Bean Pate
You can whip up this recipe for clean-eating white bean pate, with wholemeal flatbreads, in just a few minutes using ingredients from your store cupboard. This slightly tangy, garlicky bean pate costs just pennies to put together and is filling and nutritious.
- Drain the beans and reserve the liquid.
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper into a food processor and blend on high until really smooth.
- If you want a smoother and looser consistency, continue to blend and add the bean juice back in a teaspoon at a time.
- Add the flour to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the water and mix it into the flour to form a basic dough. Try not to overwork the mixture by kneading it for too long.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls. Roll each ball out to form a circular flatbread ½ cm thick.
- Melt the ghee in a non-stick frying pan. Fry each flatbread on a medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cut the breads into wedges and serve immediately with the dip.