Dark Chocolate Fruit & Nut Florentines
These Florentines are full of good ingredients with nutritional value. This clean eating Florentine recipe uses good quality dark chocolate, seeds, pistachios and cherries to create an amazing treat.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170º.
- In a small frying pan, or saucepan, heat the honey and coconut oil until the mixture is boiling hot and bubbling.
- Turn the heat right down and stir in the seeds, pistachios and cherries, mix well.
- Sprinkle the coconut flour over the top of the mixture and stir again to incorporate.
- Keeping the pan over a very low heat to keep the mixture pliable, place spoonfuls of the mix onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes until just starting to brown (keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly).
- Allow the Florentines to cool completely before you attempt to move them off the baking sheet.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave, or in a bowl placed over a pan of boiling water.
- Turn the Florentines upside down and cover the base with a layer of chocolate, using a spoon to smooth it over the entire bottom of the biscuit. Allow the Florentines to cool upside down.
- When the chocolate has set, turn them over and drizzle the tops with more melted chocolate.
- Eat and enjoy!
*Coconut flour works brilliantly in this recipe as it brings the mixture together without adding gluten, and dissolves well. You can substitute this with wholemeal flour if you can’t find coconut flour.
**Good clean eating brands of chocolate include OmBar and RealFoodSource.