Frozen Chocolate Banana Lollies
These frozen chocolate banana lollies are a great treat for adults and children alike. Simply peel and chop the bananas, freeze them and then cover them with dark chocolate. You can buy clean dark chocolate that is sweetened with coconut sugar (such as Real Food Source or OmBar), alternatively you could use a good quality 70% dark chocolate such as Lindt or Green & Blacks.
- Peel the bananas and cut into 3.
- Gently push a lolly stick up into the centre of each banana, so that it reaches nearly to the top but not quite.
- Place each banana on a stick onto a plate and freeze for 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave, or in a bowl sitting over a pan of boiling water.
- Dip each frozen banana in the chocolate and quickly sprinkle with the nuts. You need to be fast with your topping as the chocolate will set very quickly.
- Place each coated banana back onto a plate or piece of parchment paper. Freeze until you want to eat them.