Healing Garlic Broth
When eaten raw, garlic has powerful antibacterial properties, however cooked garlic still offers many benefits as a decongestant and anti-inflammatory. This soothing, clean eating garlic broth is mild and full of nutrients to help nurse you through any period of ill health, but remember you don’t have to be unwell to benefit from garlic’s natural health properties!
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°.
- Roast the whole garlic bulb for 40 minutes and then remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Peel and dice the potatoes and add them to a large soup pan.
- Add the chicken stock and bring the soup up to a simmer.
- When the garlic bulb is cool enough to hold, use your fingers to squeeze the soft pulp out from each clove, into the soup pan. Try to make sure that you get as much of the garlic as you can, but discard the papery outer casing.
- Simmer the soup, with the pan lid on, for 30 – 40 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender.