Homemade Ginger Nuts
Ginger nuts are traditionally made using butter, white flour, sugar and golden syrup, but these clean eating ginger nuts have had a healthy make-over! Made with nutritious wholemeal spelt flour, honey and olive oil, these ginger nuts taste just as good as the originals.
Makes 6 large ginger biscuits
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Measure the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate, small bowl, mix together the honey and olive oil. If your honey isn’t runny, you may want to heat the mix slightly to get it to combine well.
- Pour the honey and oil mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well, until a soft, wet dough is formed. If your dough seems dry, then add another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on your baking tray. Press each ball out into a flat round with your fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 9-12 minutes until golden and just starting to brown on the edges.