Savoury Chickpea Farinata Pancakes
Farinatas are pancakes made with gluten-free gram (or besan) flour, which is made from ground chickpeas. This clean eating chickpea farinata pancake recipe makes a brilliant, wheat-free alternative to bread as the pancakes hold together well once cooked and have a lovely nutty flavour.
- Add the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour the sparkling water into the mixing bowl and whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Melt a tsp of ghee and fry a ladle full of the batter in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Fry for 1 or 2 minutes on one side, then turn the pancake over and fry on the other side until golden.
- Repeat until you have used all the batter (makes 3-4 small pancakes).
- Top with your choice of ingredients – in the recipe photo the farinata is filled with chicken, pesto, fresh tomatoes, sliced onions and coriander.