Chewy Cinnamon, Honey and Oat Granola
Shop-bought granola is not only outrageously expensive, it is also usually full of added sugar. You can make your own clean-eating, refined sugar-free granola for a fraction of the cost and it only takes a few minutes to prepare. This granola will store for several weeks in an airtight jar or container. If you’re feeling naughty, you can increase the amount of honey for a chewier, sweeter treat.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Spread in a thin layer on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool at room temperature, stirring the mixture every 5 minutes or so.
- Store in an airtight jar.
- Serve with natural yoghurt, fresh fruit or baked peaches.
Coconut and Seeds: Substitute the nuts and cinnamon with 50g pumpkin or sunflower seeds and 25g pure coconut flakes. Mix the ingredients and bake for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Keep a close watch on the coconut flakes to ensure that they don’t catch and burn towards the end of the cooking time.
Fruit and Nut: Leave out the cinnamon and add 50g flaked almonds to the oat mix. After baking and cooling, add 50g dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, sultanas, diced apricots) to the oat mix.