Fresh Strawberry & Blueberry Jelly
This homemade strawberry and blueberry jelly is fresh, fruity and full of raw goodness. It is easy to make and can be converted to a vegan recipe by using a vegan-friendly gelatine alternative. Berries are full of antioxidants and anticancer compounds. If the fruit is out of season then frozen berries work just as well in this recipe.
- In a blender, puree the strawberries and blueberries together. Pass the puree through a sieve to remove any large lumps. Taste the puree at this point and if it is too tart, add the honey.
- Add a quarter of the fruit puree to a saucepan and heat until it is just boiling.
- Meanwhile, add the boiling water to a heatproof jug or small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine powder into the water, whisking with a fork to dissolve the powder.
- Pour the water and gelatine mixture into the boiling fruit puree, whisk really well and remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the remaining cold puree into the saucepan, whisk really well again and divide the mixture into 2 serving glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and then serve with more fresh fruit.