Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
This Jerusalem artichoke soup is beautiful, silky and uniquely flavoured. The artichokes are enough to make this soup really creamy so there is no need to add any dairy. This is a simple recipe, but a real show stopper too.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or soup pan and add the onion, garlic and celery stalks. Cook gently for 5 minutes until the onions start to soften and turn translucent. Don’t allow the onion mixture to brown.
- Add the Jerusalem artichokes and chicken stock to the pan.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the artichokes are completely tender and falling apart.
- Allow to cool slightly and blend thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve immediately. Delicious garnished with toasted onion flakes.