Fresh Herb Meatballs & Carrot Spaghetti
These clean-eating meatballs are easy to make and are full of fresh herb flavours. With the flavours of sage and rosemary, the meatballs are packed with protein and no nasty added extras or fillers. Pair with carrot spaghetti for a low-carb, clean-eating dinner.
- Put the mince in a large bowl. Add the chopped herbs, salt and pepper and knead into the meat well with your hands (or a spoon).
- Shape the mix into 8 small meatballs.
- Heat the cooking fat in a frying pan and cooked the meatballs over a medium high heat for 7-8 minutes. When the meatballs are golden brown on the outside, and cooked through, set them to one side in a warm dish, or wrapped in foil to keep warm.
- Without cleaning the pan, add the carrot spaghetti into the frying pan and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, until they are starting to soften up and brown. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the meatballs back into the pan and mix. If the spaghetti looks dry then drizzle with a little olive oil – this will depend on how much oil came out of your meatballs as they cooked. Serve topped with a little fresh basil.