Garlic Mushroom & Lentil Pate
This vegan clean eating mushroom pate has rich, earthy flavours and is perfect for spreading on wholegrain toast or oat cakes.
Mushrooms are the only vegetable-based source of vitamin D, which many people in the UK are thought to be deficient in. Mushrooms also contain B vitamins, which are vital for the nervous system. Green lentils are an excellent source of fibre, folate and magnesium, all of which contribute to good heart health.
- Gently sauté the mushrooms, rosemary and garlic in the olive oil for 10 minutes, over a low heat.
- When the mushrooms start to brown and release their liquid, add the drained green lentils. Stir well and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Lift the mushroom and lentil mix out of the pan with a slotted spoon, discarding any excess liquid in the pan.
- Allow to cool, then blend with the lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Taste the pate and if necessary, add more seasoning to suit your palate.