Mozzarella Mushroom Pizzas
This clean eating mushroom pizza recipe combines all of the flavours of a mushroom pizza, but with none of the guilt! Serve on its own for a light lunch or with salad and sweet potato fries for a more substantial dinner.
- Clean the mushrooms and brush off any mud.
- Using a teaspoon, gently scrape the black gills from the underside of the mushroom, and remove the stalk with a knife.
- Sprinkle the inside of the mushrooms with oregano and black pepper, and grill, underside facing up, under a moderately hot grill for 10 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the grill. If any liquid has been released into the centre of the mushrooms, use a piece of kitchen towel to gently soak it up.
- Top the mushrooms with the thinly sliced tomatoes, mozzarella slices, more black pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Grill again until the cheese is golden brown and melting.
- Top with freshly torn basil leaves and another drizzle of olive oil.