Clean Eating Naked Bars – Chocolate & Orange
You can make these raw, clean eating naked bars yourself in just a few minutes. Made with fresh orange zest and Medjool dates, these bars are perfect for an on-the-go snack or energy boost.
Makes 7 bars
- Line a mini cupcake tray with cling film.
- Blitz the nuts in a food processor until they are broken up into medium and small sized crumbs, but not so fine that they become a powder.
- Add the dates, cocoa powder, orange zest and salt into the food processor and pulse blend until the dates are also broken down into crumbs.
- Tip the mixture into a large mixing bowl and use your hands to bring the crumbs together into a ball. You might need to knead the dough for a few minutes until it starts to come together.
- Tightly pack the date mixture into your lined cupcake holders. This mixture should make 7 small bars. Alternatively you can pack the mixture into a single small rectangular loaf tin (lined with clingfilm), which you can cut into bars after the chilling stage.
- Chill the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes. Then carefully pop them out of the moulds. If you are making one large slab then cut them into bars now using a large, sharp knife.
Price provided is per bar.