Nut Butter Protein Balls
These clean-eating balls are full of high quality protein from the seeds and nuts. They might be small, but they pack a high energy punch, perfect for pre- and post- workout snacks. This recipe is made without using protein powder.
Makes 8 protein balls.
- Blitz the seeds in a food processor until the seeds are ground into large crumbs. (Don’t blend them for so long that they become a powder.)
- Add the ground seeds and almonds into a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well. If your peanut butter is unsalted, add the 1/8 tsp salt here. If your peanut butter is salted, you don’t need to add the additional salt.
- Add the peanut butter and honey to the seed/almond mix. Stir well until the mixture is well combined and forms a stiff paste.
- Divide the mixture into 8, roll each portion into a ball using the palms of your hands.
- Put the balls on a plate and put them into the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- After the balls have been chilled, roll them in coconut or sesame seeds to finish.
- Enjoy straight away or store in the fridge for up to a week.