Hot Paprika Maple Cashew Nuts
These clean-eating nuts are a special treat and are the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day. As the hot paprika spiced maple syrup cools, the roasted nuts are coated in a sticky, amber caramel; sweet with a hint of salt and spice. Good food has never tasted better!
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- In a saucepan, gently heat the ghee to melt it. Remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup, salt and paprika.
- Stir in the nuts and mix well until all of the nuts are well coated.
- Tip the nuts onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Scrape all of the nuts into a pile in the centre of the parchment paper, ensuring that any dry looking nuts from the edge of the tray are brought into the pile and coated with the syrup mixture.
- Spread the nuts out on the parchment paper again and leave to cool slightly before eating.