Oat Flour Pancakes with Raspberries & Dark Chocolate
These clean eating oat pancakes are gluten-free and dairy-free. They are light in texture, and brimming with nutritional value, carbohydrates and protein from wholegrain oats, almond milk and egg. These pancakes would suit any sweet topping, and they go wonderfully well with sharp, fresh raspberries and a bitter dark chocolate drizzle.
Makes 6 medium sized pancakes
- Add the oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, egg and milk to a blender and blend on high for a couple of minutes until the batter is smooth and bubbly.
- Heat a good quality, heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Then add ¼ tsp of coconut oil and spread the oil over the base of the pan with a heat-proof spatula.
- Pour your batter into a ladle (to measure the amount per pancake, making them all a similar size), and pour the ladleful of batter into your pan. Pour gently in one place, allowing the pancake to spread naturally into a circle shape.
- Fry your pancake, without touching it, for a couple of minutes until you see the edges starting to firm up. Carefully turn the pancake over and fry the other side until golden brown (a couple of minutes).
- Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Keep the pancakes warm on a warm plate, covered with a teatowel.
- While your last pancake is frying, melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl over a pan of water – stirring regularly.
- When the pancakes are ready, top with fresh raspberries and drizzle with the chocolate.